Inspired by a craft Manhattan, our aim was for a well-balanced and sophisticated cocktail. The end result is a multidimensional cocktail that is flavorful with tons of herb and spice undertones. Massage it to suit your taste–and of course, let us know what you think in the comments below!
- 2-3 dashes Fee brothers black walnut bitters
- 1 1/2 oz Seedlip Spice 94
- 1 teaspoon fresh brewed espresso
- 1/4-1/2 oz pure maple syrup
- 1/2 oz Luxardo maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 oz Lucini white balsamic vinegar
- Cherry and orange peel, for garnish
Fill a shaker with ice. Add all the ingredients except your garnish to the shaker. Shake well to mix. Strain the mixture into a chilled glass. Add a large ice cube to the glass. Express the orange peel over the drink to release its essential oils, then use it to garnish the drink. Serve immediately and enjoy.
This soft Manhattan has a complex, well-balanced flavor with a touch of sweetness from the cherry juice and syrup. The balsamic provides a tangy fruit flavor, and the Seedlip Spice works with the bitters to provide slightly bitter but aromatic citrus top notes.